Monday, February 13, 2012

The Current State of Racial Politics in the USA

I voted for him because he was white. ’Cuz that’s why other folks vote for other people — because they look like them,” he recently told us. “That’s American politics, pure and simple. his message didn’t mean [bleep] to me."
My thoughts and explanation below the fold.

Actually, I changed "black" to "white" in comments that Samuel L. Jackson made recently. I just thought that it would make more of an impression when you change it around like that. Can you imagine if a white celebrity had actually said that about a white politician? He would have been run out of town on a rail the same day.

However, it's just accepted as "normal" when Samuel L. Jackson says it. It's disgusting. But hey, at least he was honest. There are probably tons of people out there who did the same thing and are too cowardly to admit it. I have to at least give Jackson some credit for being honest. However, he's still a fool - just an honest one.

No comments:

Post a Comment