Sunday, May 27, 2012

Clemson to Offer Swinney a Six-Year Deal

Per ESPN's Joe Shad, it looks like the Clemson Tigers are going to go "All In" for Dabo Swinney and give him a six year deal. Even with Clemson's ACC title last year, I'm a little surprised that Clemson is giving him six years.

Swinney has a record of 25-10 over three full seasons, and he's had some big wins (and a title), but I'm just not sold on him. I also know plenty of Tiger fans who aren't 100% sold on Swinney.

But hey, I'm a Gamecock Fan, so if Clemson wants to roll the dice and write a big check for six years...that's cool with me. I love that he gets really fired up when Spurrier whoops his team's ass, and I'm looking forward to year number four and the ensuing Swinney press conference.

Oh, and just for fun, let's listen to this again (skip to 1:50 mark):



Oh, Dabo...I hope you never leave Clemson.

No comments:

Post a Comment