Monday, September 15, 2014

Why I Love College Football: Turn Down For What?

Happy Monday.

Saturday was wonderful. Games like this weekend's Georgia/South Carolina game are why people become football fans. I was standing in the rain, not caring, waving a sopping wet towel over my head, yelling at the top of my lungs with my friends, and watching my team upset a higher ranked opponent.

There was nowhere I would have rather been last Saturday evening.

Games like this are why you go to the games. It's what makes us keep coming back, even when our hearts get broken. Yes, it's sometimes a pain, it's expensive, and it's not the easiest thing in the world, but man...sometimes just watching a game on television doesn't give you the same experience as being there.

Williams-Brice was loud on Saturday evening. Not just on third downs, but with each big play, each hit, each turn of events, there was a huge roar from the crowd that you usually only associate with places like LSU and Tennessee.

Carolina is back in the thick of the SEC race. If we take care of business the next few weeks, the Auburn game is going to loom large. I don't think that both South Carolina and Georgia will both beat Auburn, so that common opponent could determine who goes to Atlanta and who stays home.

Buckle your seat-belts, campers. This team isn't for fair-weather fans.




No comments:

Post a Comment