Don't have time for a long commentary-type post, but here are some events that I'm seeing around the midlands and the country:
- Columbia City Hall renovations are finished, but a little more expensive that originally intended. They originally budgeted $500,000, but ended up spending over twice that: $1,113,411 as of late last week. Bryan's status: not surprised.
- Gamecock QB Connor Shaw is out for two weeks. He has a "sprained shoulder" (his throwing shoulder), the team will be relying on Dylan Thompson for awhile. Bryan's status: not optimistic.
- Eric Holder and the DOJ are going to sue North Carolina over their new Voter-ID laws. It astounds me how people let these guys make racist arguments for how Voter ID is discrimination. Bryan's status: Bryan's status: annoyed at the DOJ.
- Government Shutdown Looms. Apparently, the folks running the government are having a little disagreement on something, and a government shutdown might occur. For those of you unfamiliar with a government shutdown of "non-essential" workers, it looks a lot like a weekend. Bryan's status: Whatever, bro.
- Remember the "hockey stick" graph? Yeah, that was totally bogus. Bryan's Status: Shocked!*
*just kidding, not really shocked.