Monday, September 23, 2013

Who Wants a Hamburger?

My two-year old son copies everything I do. (In point of fact, he's not quite two. He'll be two later this week, but as a lawyer, I'm rounding the time up and billing for 2.0 years. But I digress.)

Back to my son. He copies everything I do. One activity that he sees me doing all the time is grilling food out on our deck. He follows me out to the grill and watches as I light it, put food down, flip it over, and take it off. The whole process of dad grilling fascinates him. 

Since his birthday is coming up soon, his maternal grandmother got him a present that now allows him to be just like dad. In fact, we set it up on the deck right next to my grill.

Henry Caskey - Grilling up Some Cuteness

As you can see, he's wasted no time in getting busy grilling up a hamburger and hot dog for mom and dad. I would note that he has an excellent grip on the tongs, as I capture this right before it was time to flip the bun, burger patty and rotate the hot dog. That's why the grill is open. He knows that the proper way to grill is to keep the lid closed for most of the time.

In fact, he would not allow me to come over and look inside the grill after he had started cooking. It wasn't time to open the grill yet, Dad.

 We'll have to upgrade him to planking some salmon on the grill eventually.
 

4 comments:

  1. He may act like you, but hopefully he gets Mary's brains and looks :)

    Very cute. - Dave S.

    ReplyDelete