Monday, February 27, 2012

Do You Care About Lake Levels?

A reader (Dr. Gamecock) brings this to my attention in the form of an Op-Ed about local television. When I first read it, I laughed so hard I almost knocked over my bourbon.

I was talking to someone today about why they always have the weatherman on TV report the lake levels every day. Do we really need to know if the lake level changed by 0.1 up or down. Who cares? The only people who probably care are the ones that live on the lake, and they can just walk out in their back yard and look. Also, is this really weather? Why does the weatherman have to tell us everyday what the lake level is? It is usually about the same every day. 

It is not really news, unless it changed dramatically for some reason, and then the news would be the reason it changed, not the lake level.  With the advent of computers, it you really wanted to know the lake level, just look it up on the internet. There are lots of places to find real time information. I would rather know if there is going to be frost on my windshield in the morning. That is information I could use.  "Be sure to watch our show tomorrow, when we report the latest lake levels." 

WIS Television: Your most trusted news source for lake level reporting.

No comments:

Post a Comment