Saturday, December 1, 2012

End of Movember Thoughts

It's officially December 1, so that means one thing. It's time to say hello to my little friend:

                                     

Movember was a the first time I've gone more than about 4 days without shaving, so going a month without shaving was a new experience. It was nice not to have the task of shaving in the morning, but I never really felt comfortable with the beard. Having facial hair made me more conscious of other men with beards, mustaches, and other facial hair. I found myself sizing up other guys facial hair and feeling respect for someone who took the time to grow a solid beard or mustache. You see lots of baseball players with facial hair, some football players with it, and almost no politicians with facial hair.

In any event, we raised some money to fight cancer, and I realized I'm probably not a beard guy unless I end up in the mountains for several years like Jeremiah Johnson.

On Monday, it will be back to the clean-shaven version of myself, but it was interesting to have a different version for a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment