Thursday, May 15, 2014

Gear for Guys: Filson's Sportsman Bag

If you're like me, you have stuff that you need to take places. Whether it's going shooting for the day, going to the mountains for a weekend, or just throwing all your kids' stuff into a bag for a trip to the zoo, you need a bag.

You need a bag that can hold all your stuff and keep it organized. You need a bag that isn't going to rip, tear, or give out. Personally, I hate wimpy zippers, so one of my requirements is a bag with zippers that don't suck. Oh, and if the bag could have a little style, that might be nice, right?

So what kind of bag fits this description? Answer and review below the jump.




I love this bag.
This bag is great. My favorite feature is the nearly bullet-proof brass zippers. Did I mention that I hate it when zippers break? I hate that. With this bag, you don't have to worry about the zippers. It also has tons of little compartments and dividers to keep all your gear organized. I love all sorts of different little compartments in a bag like this.

For sporting clays or bird hunting, it can hold your shells, extra choke tubes, eye protection, ear protection, and everything can have it's own little place. If you're just going on a mountain weekend trip, the main compartment is a giant gaping black hole that you can fill up. It's really the perfect size for a weekend bag or a carry-on bag.

The bag is made from Filson's Tin Cloth, so you can beat it up, and it will protect all your gear like a champ. If you fly, you can shove it in the overhead bin, and forget about it. Heck, you could probably have the airplane run over it, and it would still be fine.

It's also not bad looking. Downside? It's expensive - $360.00. Hey, nice stuff costs money.

No comments:

Post a Comment