Thursday, August 7, 2014

What Happened to Bubba Watson?

I follow golf fairly causally, which means I pretty much know who wins the major tournaments.

Sometimes I'll watch a little golf, but that's usually because there's nothing else on. However, I know Bubba Watson, and I always kind of thought of him as a madcap, hangin' loose, fun guy. I mean, he is one of the "Golf Boys" who make funny music videos. He's even got the actual General Lee from The Dukes of Hazzard. Heck, when your name is "Bubba" you can't really be that uptight. I think that's a rule somewhere.

Accordingly, I was really surprised when Will Vereen brought this to my attention via Twitter.



Apparently, Bubba was too uptight to participate in a long drive competition during a practice round? This doesn't sound like the Bubbba Watson I know. That sounds like the behavior of an Assistant Principal at a middle school.

What's changed in Bubba? I don't know, but I have to agree with Will. I find this version of Bubba Watson unlikable as well. Someone needs to tell Bubba: "Lighten up, Francis."

No comments:

Post a Comment