Tuesday, February 28, 2017

General Goings On

Sailing Ship - Caspar David Friedrich

Today the law firm of Caskey & Imgrund did our first purchase real estate closing for a client. One of our areas of practice involves helping people negotiate and close on real estate deals, so in less than two weeks, we've gotten our first one done! The new firm is going great, and I'm so glad to be working with Alex Imgrund. He's a wonderful friend and a great lawyer who keeps me smiling all the time, even when we're doing the less than fun work of running a business. He might also be one of the few people in the world who quotes movies as much as I do.

In other news, I'm getting more involved in Scouting now that our son is going to be a Tiger Cub soon. I've signed up to be the Assistant Den Leader for the Tiger Den for Pack 100, and I'm really looking forward to it. I got my Eagle Scout rank back when I did Boy Scouts, so I'm excited about passing on that knowledge and sharing the scouting experience with our son.

My tee ball coaching is also going well - the players are having fun and we're learning some fundamentals. They're starting to do some things that resemble baseball...occasionally. Like a good friend of mine used to say: "This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." 

In my reading, it's slowed down a bit due to everything above taking up time, but I've made it through The Letter of Marque in the Aubrey-Maturin series. Possibly my favorite one, but I feel that way after every book of his.

Hope everyone out there is doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment