Wednesday, September 14, 2011

National Right to Carry Bill

Here's a quick run-down.

I'm very pro-carry, but this has some Federalism implications that make me leery. I like different states being able to take different paths. What may work in Wyoming may not necessarily work in Maryland. It seems like the best solution would be for people to pressure their respective state legislature to pass carry laws that they choose. Usually when the Federal Government gets involved, we get a "one-size fits all" solution. I think the mark of a true conservative is someone who is hesitant to use the power of the Federal Government for their own ends and beliefs. I am extremely pro-carry, but the Federal Government doesn't need to pass a law. The States can take care of this.

No state law should be so burdensome that it impairs my right to carry a firearm there anyway. That can be resolved through a constitutional challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment