Thursday, June 14, 2012

Sympathy for the Cubs


Please allow me to introduce myself
I'm a man without wealth or taste
I've been around for a long, long year
Stole many a fan’s soul and fate

I was 'round when Sianis
Had his moments of doubt and pain
Made damn sure that Wrigley
Ejected his goat and sealed his fate

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my team, oh yeah
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game

I stuck around the Northside
Even though I saw it was a time for a change
Killed their hope every summer
Andre Dawson screamed in vain

I hate Big Frank
I’m not a Yank
And when the wind blows in
I smell the bleachers stank

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my team, but
What's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game...

I watched the glee
While my favorite players
Fought for ten decades
For the Gods they made

I shouted out
"Lets go Cubbies!"
But after all
Everyone was there for the beer

Let me please introduce myself
I'm a man without wealth or taste


And I lay traps for talented pitchers
Who’s arms get hurt before they reach Triple-A

No comments:

Post a Comment