Monday, July 15, 2013

Zimmerman Verdict Reaction

The Zimmerman verdict came out late on Saturday, while I was doing important things like drinking bourbon on my porch.

Overall, I wasn't surprised that he was found not guilty. The State didn't have a very good case from the start, and the case presented reflected that. As a litigator, I have this thing about not losing. Accordingly, I would have never brought this case because I didn't consider it winnable on the evidence. In our criminal justice system, the benefit of the doubt goes to the defendant. That's what we had here.

In any event, feel free to put all your reactions in this thread. I probably won't do another post on this topic.

In more interesting news, SEC Media Days gets cranked up this week. Gird your loins.


No comments:

Post a Comment