Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Abortion Clinics are Now "Choice Providers"

I have some breaking news for all you wordsmiths out there. Abortion clinics are now to be referred to as "Choice Providers". Wow, talk about some Orwellian doublespeak.

Who would advocate for this wording? An abortion advocate?

Actually no. Good guess, though. Give up?

A television news anchor wants to rename abortion clinics as "choice providers". You know, the guy who's supposed to just present facts in an objective way?

Hey, maybe I'll name one of my pistols "Choice Provider".

Euphemism: the substitution of an agreeable or inoffensive expression for one that may offend or suggest something unpleasant; also : the expression so substituted.

Since I like to come up with lists, and since we're renaming abortion clinics, I have a proposed list of some other names we could give to abortion clinics:
  1. Gosnell Chapels
  2. Murderholes
  3. Infanticide by Dismemberment 'R Us
  4. Kid Killers Express
  5.  Suction Centers
 I guess the problem is that there's really no way to put a happy face on killing a person. It's going to kind of be ugly. So I get why they don't want to talk about it.

h/t to the Zip.

No comments:

Post a Comment