Saturday, June 7, 2014

Saturday Morning: Breakfast and Headlines

I love being able to wake up on Saturday morning and cook a leisurely breakfast. With nowhere to be first thing in the morning, I can take more time than the normal because my main goal isn't getting out the door. Using a cast iron skillet, you can make almost anything.



So, now that I've got some coffee and eggs, here are some articles I'm reading today:

1. More on Bergdahl: Taliban says that they found Bergdahl alone, cursing Americans. I'm beginning to think that Bergdahl didn't intend to be a traitor, he was just a deserter/idiot.

2. In economic news: The percentage of American civilians 16 or older who do not have a job and are not actively seeking one remained at a 36-year high in May. Any which way you slice it, that's a lot. 37.2% of people 16 or older are not working. That's not how you have a productive economy.

3. In news of the stupid, a San Antonio, TX school allowed a 10 year old girl to get sunburned on a field trip because they don't allow children to take sunscreen with them...because the school considers it a "toxic substance". The stupid. It burns. Literally, in this case.

4. In BBQ news, Garden and Gun has a list of the top 21 BBQ sandwiches in the South. Jackie Hite's was the only one from South Carolina.

Ok, time for a coffee refill...


3 comments:

  1. What do you think about this gun?
    http://maggiesfarm.anotherdotcom.com/archives/24420-Recoil.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kind of interesting as a collector piece, but I'm not sure what anyone would want it for. I bet the recoil is not that bad, taking into consideration the small caliber size and the huge size of the actual revolver.

      Maybe good for shooting snakes...

      Delete
  2. It is these percentage, I mean, what are the source of these surveys? Are they legit? Anyways, my daily morning is just like yours. I love to cook breakfast for myself. A glass of juice, 2 boiled eggs and two slices of bread & butter is all what it takes to get me started.

    ReplyDelete