Monday, May 6, 2013

Sanford vs. Colbert-Busch

According to a new Public Policy Polling survey, Sanford leads 47 percent to 46 percent over Colbert Busch.

I was in Charleston this weekend for a Kentucky Derby party, so I took the opportunity to keep my eyes out for the amount of bumper stickers and yard signs out for each candidate. My hypothesis was that Sanford (having lost the backing of the National GOP) and having so many personal problems, would not have the normal amount of signs/stickers.

I could not have been more wrong. In the entire weekend, I covered the downtown peninsula of Charleston, James Island, North Charleston, West Ashley and John's Island. I saw a grand total of about 10-15 Sanford signs, about 5-8 Sanford bumper stickers and a whopping total of ONE Colbert-Busch bumper sticker - no signs at all.

Now, maybe this doesn't mean anything. Maybe she's not really into signs. Maybe I just happened to miss the democratic strongholds where here signs are. Maybe anecdotal evidence isn't really that important. However, I was slightly surprised to see ZERO Colbert-Busch signs.

We'll see how it turns out.

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/2013/05/05/2758186/poll-sanford-holds-slim-lead-in.html#storylink=cpy

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/2013/05/05/2758186/poll-sanford-holds-slim-lead-in.html#storylink=cpy

No comments:

Post a Comment