Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Recapping a Great Vacation

Last Friday morning, I departed Charlotte International Airport for the Dominican Republic with my wife and three other friends. We were all taking a vacation without the kids for the first time in over five years. We arrived back in Charlotte today, refreshed, rested, and completely relaxed.

For those of you with kids, you know that children are wonderful. Children are a blessing from God. But hey, sometimes it's nice to wake up in the morning and not have your first thought be about making breakfast for your toddler and changing diapers on your littlest one. Every five years, it's not too much to ask to have a long weekend.

Each morning, I would wake up, realize I had nowhere to be and then go back to sleep for about twenty minutes. When I did get up, I made a cup of espresso in our room, and then drank it on our patio overlooking the beach while reading my new favorite book series.

It was glorious.

Here are some photos.

This was the view out of our room on the patio. We're about 80 yards from the beach.

My beautiful bride and I pose on the beach.

The view overlooking the restaurant that overlooks the pool that overlooks the ocean. Lots to see.

At one point, I ordered a banana daiquiri, and they made it with actual, fresh bananas. The resort was absolutely phenomenal in almost every respect. We had a great time with our friends, enjoyed reading books in the shade on the beach, and did mostly nothing.

And it was everything I thought it could be.

Back to being a lawyer tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment