Wednesday, May 4, 2016

"When the fall is all there is, it matters."

So yesterday Cruz dropped out, and today, Kasich did the same.



So we're left with the Idiot Orange Carnival Barker against the Hillary. I ain't voting for either of those people. Neither are worthy of my vote, as neither is qualified to be POTUS. I know lots of traditional Republicans are going to eventually fall in line and support Trump because "He's better than Hillary", but we're not grading on a curve here.

I'm not going to surrender my principles and integrity and support Trump. I'd rather just die honorably, like Prince Richard in The Lion in Winter, who, believing that he's about to be killed refuses to beg for his life.

Richard: He’s here. He’ll get no satisfaction out of me. He isn’t going to see me beg.
Geoffrey: My you chivalric fool… as if the way one fell down mattered.
Richard: When the fall is all there is, it matters.

It matters how you handle Trump being the GOP nominee, especially if you're a tradtional GOP voter. Do you stick with your principles, or do you cast them aside? Brad had some thoughts on this and went with a WWII metaphor of the Nazis marching through Paris and how Churchill refused to surrender. I think that's appropriate.

Other thoughts I have on not giving in or giving up would be best embodied as follows:



and



Never give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment