Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Words Fail.

A high school classmate of mine is no longer with us. As often happens, I didn't keep up with her after high school, and we all grow so much as people after that time, so I can't claim to know her as an adult.

The girl that I knew in high school so many years ago was bright, shining, and full of life. She was athletic, smart, and had the world at her fingertips. I certainly can't begin to understand the hurt and the despair that she must have felt, and it must have been deep, because the girl I knew was so strong and vibrant.

It's important that we remember her as she lived, that young girl - full of energy with a flashing smile that we all knew so well. She will be missed, and we're all a bit poorer for her absence.

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry to hear of your loss. It's tough. I was touched by how forthright Burnie Maybank, my former boss, was at the suicide of his beloved, beautiful, smart daughter. He said that she had struggled for so long, and he was sure she was no longer suffering as she had.

    ReplyDelete