Thursday, September 1, 2016

Who's Ready to Start Yelling at Their TV Again?



As a friend of mine said yesterday, "Tomorrow's the day I start yelling at my TV again." Well, that day is now upon us. It's time to get up, get through the workday, and get ready for some Gamecock football.


Our long slog through the dog days of summer are over. Now, with the official start of college football and September, we have finally made it to the promised land.


I haven't done one of my traditional game-by-game season predictions, mostly because I've been super busy, and I haven't had time to really give the season much thought. Also, with all the new players and coaches, there are a lot of unknowns.

Suffice it to say that I would be happy with six wins, satisfied with five wins, and overjoyed beyond belief if the Gamecocks somehow managed to upset Clemson at the end of the year.

Tonight though, it's all about beating Vanderbilt and getting off to a good start. The most important game of the season is the one you're about to play, so let's hope the boys get after it.

As a trial lawyer, I often take solace in a quote from John Adams which goes "“We cannot insure success, but we can deserve it.” I like to think about that when situations are not entirely in my control, and I think that if I work as hard as I can and do everything I can, then that will at least allow me to deserve a good result, even if I cannot guarantee one.

For the Gamecocks, I just hope they can work hard enough to at least deserve to win. Work ethic counts a lot with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment