Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Top Headlines - Tuesday January 31, 2017

Lately, I've been busy with a personal project that has taken up lots of my otherwise free time. Accordingly, I've been sort of phoning it in with the blogging lately. Hopefully, I can get some time to get some good content up because there's certainly lots of news out there. Here's what I'm seeing today.

1. Trump fires Acting AG. Sort of the same situation as the clerk in Indiana (or wherever) who wouldn't do her job because she disagreed with it on a moral basis. Can't really do that. This Acting AG should have resigned, but she wanted to make a statement a/k/a grandstand, so she got fired. 

2. Trump to announce SCOTUS nominee today. Actually, he's going to do it in tonight, in primetime. For the ratings, I guess. It's truly a television age. It sounds like the Democrats are going to object no matter who is selected.

3. Iran conducted a ballistic missile test in violation of UN resolution. Great. It's not like Iran wasn't already getting too big for it's britches with all their aggressive actions. I'm sure they'll be really interested in moderating things now, right?


That's all I've got for now, campers. Everyone try to be nice to each other and don't burn the house down.

No comments:

Post a Comment