Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I'm Worried About Our Culture's Survival

12 Disappointing Facts about Popular Music This one makes me die inside:

Ke$ha's “Tik-Tok” sold more copies than ANY Beatles single

This is Ke$ha. (I'm not sure why she has Conan's sword or blue lips)

This is her concert poster for her "Get Sleazy" tour. Yes, you read that correctly. My first thought is that she looks like a girl who went to a fraternity grain party and passed out, and while she was out, the frat guys "decorated" her arms and gave her blue lips with a sharpie. Also, what's up with her stealing Conan the Barbarian's sword?

 

 People...we need to talk. The Beatles should not be outsold by a second-rate stripper wannabe with blue lips. Forget about our country's impending collapse into debt, this is a crisis of a much greater magnitude.

 

I've never heard any of her music, and I hope I never will. However, I would bet my house that her best song is not as good as this:

1 comment:

  1. Ke$ha actually has a pretty good voice, something that doesn't come across in the type of "music" she chooses to make. She covered "Don't Think Twice, It's All Right" for the Chimes of Freedom album for Amnesty International, and it's beautiful. I was pleasantly surprised.

    ReplyDelete