Thursday, March 14, 2013

Ted Cruz vs. Dianne Feinstein


I post this not to discuss gun control, but if you want to, that's fine. I post this to bring up the fact that I hear this type of response all the time.

I'm a young lawyer. But you probably already knew that. When I have an opposing counsel who's on the other side of a case I sometimes (not always) hear some version of this argument: I've been a lawyer for longer than you've been alive. I've never had someone (take that position, file that motion, assert that claim) in all my years. Don't you know who I am?

My response to that? Blech. If your response to my motion, position, letter, claim is to tell me how you've been a lawyer for sooooo loooong.....guess what....you've lost the argument. I know who you are. Guess what. I don't care. The law doesn't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment