Thursday, March 7, 2013

Bloomberg Focuses on Ear Buds

First they came for the salt, and I said nothing. Next they came for the big gulp, and I said nothing, and then they came for the ear buds on my iPod, and I said nothing. (I don't live in New York, so it's not really my place to say.)

Seriously, he's concerned that New Yorkers are listening to loud music via little ear buds.

It's like the mayor of New York City has never walked the streets of New York City. It seems like over half of the people wear ear buds as they go from place to place. I'm going to be extremely amused if NYC becomes the first city to outlaw ear buds.

If you outlaw ear buds, only outlaws will have ear buds!
You can have my ear buds when you pry them from my cold, dead ears!

1 comment:

  1. Bloomberg probably got annoyed that he had to listen to another persons music while riding the subway(http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/09/mike_bloomberg_36.php).
    By no means should ear buds be outlawed, but there is something to be said about the fact that volume dials aren't attached to units, like decibels. Regardless of the noise pollution that gets created, how would one even know if they are in danger or not?

    ReplyDelete