Monday, January 11, 2016

News Roundup for Monday, January 11, 2016


Lots of things going on, so I thought I would hit a few high points today.

1. Tigers vs. Tide. The national championship game is tonight, and most people around here feel pretty strongly either for or against, since a local team is involved. Personally, I'm happy for all my friends who are big Clemson fans. I've been seeing your Facebook status updates going to Glendale and being super-excited. Great. Good for y'all. As for your team? I hope they lose 50-0.

It's not personal, Sonny. Its' strictly business.

2. David Bowie died.  I can't say I was a big fan, but I can certainly acknowledge that he was a big deal in his own way. He certainly dressed strangely. I like most of his big hits, but I guess it's the nature of big hits that most everyone likes them, isn't it? My favorite song of his was probably "Heroes".

3. China channels Ronald Reagan? Yes, that, China. The communists may be looking at some Reaganomics to help get their economy going. I hope this is true just for the lols.

4. The State of the Union is tomorrow.  According to CNN, "The White House says President Barack Obama's State of the Union address Tuesday night will be non-traditional. What that means: Obama will be talking about himself, not asking Congress for a long list of items he knows he'll never get."

Obama's gonna talk about himself? What a shock. Where's my fainting couch?

5. More people moving South and West. Not surprised. People voting with their feet.


No comments:

Post a Comment