Monday, November 7, 2011

Assistant AG Breuer Knows What's Best for You

Assistant AG Lanny Breuer said this to Congress to justify more controls and regulation of guns:
“Very few hunters in the United States or sports people and law-abiding people really need to have semiautomatic weapons or long guns.”
Bless his little heart, but he's a moron. First, it makes me question if he even understands what "semiautomatic" means. What about revolvers? Is he cool with them? What if they're single-action? Is AG Breuer saying I really can't have a sidearm designed in prior to the outbreak of WWI?

Does AG Breuer even know anything about guns, or is he just using the word "semiautomatic" because it sounds like "automatic" if you mumble? Second, and more importantly, who is he to say whether or not I need a one or not? You know what? I don't think he needs a car. He should walk to work. You know...because cars are really dangerous. We don't even have an amendment protecting cars. Get those damn death machines off the road now.

And what the heck does need have to do with it? I don't need a whole bunch of things other than food, water, and shelter. I don't need this nice little MacBook Air that I'm blogging on, my lawnmower, or a grill in my backyard. Yet, I am allowed to have these, and I could probably kill you will all of them.

Third, and most importantly, the Constitution doesn't say "only arms for sporting and hunting purposes are protected." Maybe Assistant AG Breuer should should pick up a copy of a Con Law hornbook and do some reading. He's entitled to his opinion, but his opinion is irrelevant as far as the law is concerned. 

I'm constantly amazed at how many people try to take something that is their own private opinion and turn it into policy because they think they know best.

1 comment:

  1. well I am not too big on whether the government lets me have a weapon or not....

    or maybe that is the problem - only a few of us are truly armed

    as Steinbeck said - ".....the final weapon is the mind, all else is supplemental..."


    but right now my mental is not so supple

    ReplyDelete