Monday, November 21, 2011

Protesters to Challenge Haley's 6:00PM Edict

As much as I disagree with the Occupy movement, I do not believe that Haley's decision to have everyone off the Statehouse grounds by 6:00PM is a reasonable time restriction. On the contrary, I believe it is an arbitrary and capricious time. Apparently, some people out there are going to call Haley's bluff.

Why 6:00PM? Why not 6:15PM or 7:00PM? The government needs to show a compelling reason why people should not be on public property after a specific time. Obviously, you can't camp out there, but you should be able to simply be there.

I'll be interested to see how it turns out.
UPDATE: Looks like I was exactly right. Maybe the Governor should have consulted me for legal advice first. Full roundup of the silliness from Mr. Warthen here.

No comments:

Post a Comment