Monday, January 9, 2012

Chief of Police in Madison, WI Doesn't Understand Why People Want Guns

A few months ago, Wisconsin started allowing it's citizens to start carrying concealed weapons. (Better late than never, but whatever.) Ann Althouse has more on the story of the obstacles being placed in their way. However, the Chief of Police in Madison is less than thrilled. Here's what he had to say:
"What I can't understand is how come we have not evolved beyond the point that the best way to protect ourselves is a gun? How come we cannot come up with something that is less destructive and less permanent."
Wait, what? Yeah, that's the Chief of Police. The guy in charge of the police. Who are supposed to fight crime. With guns. Presumably.

I can't understand why have not "evolved" to the point where there's no crime. And this guy's job is to fight crime. How did he get to be the Chief of Police? He sounds like a hippy-dippy 20 year old in a 2:00AM dorm room smoke session.

Henceforth, in an effort to stop crime in a "less destructive" and "less permanent" way, the Madison police should only carry little yellow flags around. If they see a crime, they can throw a flag on the ground and issue a ticket. I'm sure that will work.
UPDATE: Welcome SayUncle readers!

8 comments:

  1. When I or my descendents evolve the ability to fire projectiles accurately with several hundred foot pounds of force, without the use of firearms, I will stop using firearms to do so.

    Alternately, I am willing to accept evolution of a phaser-like ability, adjustable from "Stun" to "Evaporate" fired from my pointed finger while I go, "Zap! Zap!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear candles stop violent attacks...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could burn someone at close range...unless it's windy. Then you're screwed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "How did he get to be the Chief of Police? He sounds like a hippy-dippy 20 year old in a 2:00AM dorm room smoke session."

    The title of your post contains the answer - Madison, WI. For raw hippy-dippy that place gives Berkley a run for its taxpayer funded patchouli.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If thier Chief of Police is the standard example of how the human race should "evolve" I would rather remain intelligent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let's see now. I have yet to develop the ability to shoot laser beams from my eyes or lightning bolts from my butt. Guess I'm stuck with these primitive firearms. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's appointed by the City Council who are elected by liberals. OF COURSE he'll say that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Six-finger, Six-finger, man alive, how did I ever get along with FIVE? (youngsters will have to google it)". And get off my lawn.

    ReplyDelete