Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Gamecocks Win 11th Game in Captial One Bowl Victory Over Nebraska

Every year, I tell myself that I am not going to go to a bowl game. Every year, I succumb to the siren song of the warm weather, the holiday weekend, and the prospect of seeing something special.

This year, I received an offer I couldn't refuse. I am lucky enough to know an intrepid pilot willing to fly me to/from Orlando in his Cessna 172 for the Capital One Bowl. All I had to do was get a ticket for him also. Bada bing, I'm going to the Capital One Bowl. Photos below the jump:
Flying at an altitude of 5,000 feet, we see Jacksonville from the air:
Upon our arrival in Orlando, we flew directly past the Citrus Bowl on final approach:
You can see the stadium in the center of the photo, just to the right of the wing's strut. After landing, I got a snapshot of the ace pilot beside his sleek aircraft:
As for the game itself, it was close at halftime, but the Gamecocks took control in the second half. We arrived in time to see the USC Band come out for pre-game festivities. Also, a shot of the final score!
All in all, it was a great trip! I was thoroughly impressed with how smooth and easy the ride is in a small, single-engine Cessna. It's really flying. If you ever get a chance to go up in a small airplane, definitely go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment