Monday, July 9, 2012

One Year Blog Anniversary!

One year ago today, I started this little ol' blog. I mostly did it because my wife said I needed an outlet for my thoughts. When I first started, I didn't really think that it would be much more than a digital journal for my own thoughts. If you haven't been reading my blog since the beginning, you have a lot of reading to do, so you better get started.

However, something funny happened along the way: I started to get some traffic here and there. Since the blog started last year, I've had over 25,000 page-views, and I'm averaging between 80 - 120 page-views each day. Every once in awhile, I get a spike when another blog picks up some content from me, but mostly, I think it's pretty steady.

Together, we've seen USC football players look pudgy, learned from other people's mistakes, and had a few laughs at Clemson's expense.

My numbers are piddly compared to "serious bloggers" but they're real and they're spectacular. Twitter has been pretty big, and I get linked from FaceBook on occasion, even though I'm holding out against the FaceBook Mafia. Some days I have time to blog, some days I don't. Thanks for sticking with me.

This has all been better than I could have hoped, so if you've been reading my blog at all, I want to take a post to say: Thank you! Extra thanks to anyone who has linked or shared my blog with another.

I've learned a ton about HTML code, found other blogs that I like, made a few friends along the way, and I've developed a bit of my own thoughts. If the next year of blogging is halfway as good as the first, I'll be overjoyed. In the last few months, the e-mails coming in for ideas on blog posts have started to ramp up, and even though I don't take all of them and turn them into posts, I do read them all. So keep them coming!

I'll try to keep up with this as long as I can, but for now, thanks to all of you who come here!

1 comment:

  1. The part I love most is reading your blog "in your voice"... I can't help but smile. Thanks for being such a smartypants- I always learn something new.

    ReplyDelete