Monday, July 2, 2012

Gamecock Football 2012: First Impressions

Last summer, I accurately predicted that the South Carolina Gamecocks would go 11-1.  Specifically, I predicted that the Gamecocks would lose to Mississippi State and beat Auburn, so that washed out. Other than that, I ran the table with my picks.(Suck it, Phil Steele) This year, probably towards the latter part of August, I’m going to give my overall season prediction for 2012.

This year, in addition to my general preview, I’ve decided to up the stakes and give a Friday prediction against the spread for each Carolina game (and maybe a few others), just for fun. However, I don’t recommend that you use my college football picks for anything other than fun.

For now, I’m going to look at the 2012 schedule for the Gamecocks and let that marinate a little. My first impression is that the month of October is pretty much going to decide the team’s fate.

10/6    Georgia
10/13  @LSU
10/20  @Florida
10/27  Tennessee

Wow. That’s a brutal stretch. The boys will have to battle.

Also, my (probably only) road trip game this year will be a trip down to Baton Rouge with Mrs. Permanent Press. We’re looking forward to some seeing some LSU friends and getting the inside scoop on the best food, drink, and atmosphere that a tailgate at Tiger Stadium has to offer.

1 comment: