Thursday, March 13, 2014

The Hog Splitter - Ultimate BBQ Weapon

In addition to blogging here, I also blog for Fig Columbia from time to time. If you didn't already know, Fig is a magazine that is geared towards local events and happenings in Columbia. If you're interested in the latest and greatest in Columbia, you might want to give Fig a look.

Anyway, since I'm one of their bloggers, they were kind enough to invite me to their party celebrating the release of their Spring Magazine. I had a chance to meet Reed Moore, who is the cover story of the Spring Magazine.

Reed is the owner/operator of Red Forgeworks, which is a blacksmith shop in Timmonsville, SC. Reed makes wonderful knives in an old-world style way - by hand. The knives are so impressive, Reed has started to earn some serious accolades. Just recently, he won the Garden & Gun - Made in the South "Outdoors Category" for his knives.

I was browsing his website, and although I haven't actually held one of his knives in my hand, I thought I would toss out a recommendation. One of the coolest things on his website is the "Hog Splitter".


I love the description: "This knife is basically a cross between a cleaver and a sledge hammer." I mean, who doesn't sometimes need both a cleaver and a sledgehammer? Seems like something that a movie villain would have in one of those classic slasher movies.

The Hog Splitter. Get it for the guy who does whole-hog BBQ...or someone who's looking to get into the slasher-villain industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment