Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Audio of William Faulkner Teaching at UVA

I intended to post this yesterday (as it was William Faulkner's birthday) but the day got away from me. In any event, this is too cool to pass up. Faulkner is one of my favorite writers (and probably my favorite Southern writer). At some point, I really need to get to Oxford, MS to see his home (and the Grove), but I digress.
Thanks to the University of Virginia, a new audio archive of the author reading, lecturing, and answering questions has recently been published online, accessible to the public for the first time. Nearly fifteen years in the works, the vast archive encompasses almost thirty hours of audio transferred from open-reel tapes.
Here's the link to the UVA audio tapes.

William Faulkner teaching at UVA in 1957
[H/T: Garden & Gun]

No comments:

Post a Comment