Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Ann Romney Tebows During Speech to RNC

Last night Ann Romney addressed the RNC. If you're interested, the full text of her speech is here, but this part seemed a little familiar:
But -- but let me say this to every American who is thinking about who should be our next president. No one will work harder. No one will care more. And no one will move heaven and earth like Mitt Romney to make this country a better place to live.
It reminded me of a certain speech that I heard one time before:
You will never see any player in the entire country play as hard as I will play the rest of the season. You will never see someone push the rest of the team as hard as I will push everybody the rest of the season. You will never see a team play harder than we will the rest of the season.
To respond, my sources tell me that Michelle Obama will respond by incorporating a Lou Holtz quote into her speech at the DNC.

In all seriousness, Ann Romney delivered a heck of a speech. She is certainly a credit to her husband. I'm not an "undecided" voter by any stretch of the imagination, but I would guess that anyone who is might look at Mitt Romney more favorably today.

I guess time will tell, but I don't think she "humanized" him as much as I thought she needed to.

2 comments: