Friday, August 24, 2012

USC Freshman Caught With Five Handguns

Handguns are not on the list of things you bring with you to college. You're a freshman at USC. You move into your dorm room, and you're going to want to have all sorts of cool stuff. You bring your laptop, your clothes, some cool posters, and you're all set. Maybe a mini-fridge and your books. But that's pretty much it.

What you don't do is bring five handguns with you when you move into your dorm room. FIVE! What in the world was he thinking?

Look, I'm a gun guy. I like to go shooting more than almost anyone I know. I'm pro-gun. But I'm also a big fan of following rules and using the common sense God gave ya. What could this kid have possibly been thinking?

It's debatable whether the University should allow guns on campus, but it's the rule. You don't get to break a rule just because you disagree with it. And if you want to get all Ghandi on me, just remember, Ghandi was fine with accepting the punishment he was handed. He didn't expect to get off scott-free. Follow the rules or suffer the consequences. It's that simple.

I don't want to hear any lame excuses about him fearing for his safety or some variation on "guns are just an ordinary thing for him" so no big deal. Rules are rules. I would refer you to Viper for more explanation.

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/2012/08/23/2409045/usc-student-arrested-expelled.html#storylink=omni_popular#storylink=cpy

He's been arrested and suspended, as he should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment